Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween! October 31, 2011


First off I need to say Happy Birthday to my little brother Max! He turned 5 and judging by the pictures I've seen, is getting huge! And also a Happy Halloween! We are actually allowed to dress up here for it, Its going to be awesome. I'm going to dress up as a Missionary and preach the words of Christ all day! I really miss the fall season with the leaves changing colors and the Halloween decorations in general. We walked by these cows and there was hay and it reminded me of the Kern County Fair. Man, I miss it. We have three families with kids that are going to be baptized in November/December. We don't have an exact date for them yet because they need to be married first. We have one family that might get married on 11/11/11! That would be cool. So that would make... 8-10 baptisms in the next month or two. Something interesting that I discovered here is the Soda. I tried: Grapefruit, Coconut, a fruit called Tamarindo, and Banana. The only one I really liked was grapefruit, the others taste weird. Oh! and on Friday, I went out into the bathroom and I look up and there was a bat! it started screeching at me, so I may or may not have screamed and I flew into the shower and flew out. What is up with all of these animals here?!


I always tell the priest, Alejandro, that I want a pet chicken. Because that's what they have down here, pet chickens. You whistle and they come, they chase after you and follow you, and also sit in your lap or on your arm. Alejandro always says, "No, if i give you Peep, the name of the chicken, You'll eat him!" so we took this picture as a joke to him. This class of chicken start out with bright colored feathers when they are chicks. His was all pink, it was really cool. But as they grow up they turn all white and normal looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment