Thursday, October 27, 2011

"It scared the pants off me!" October 24, 2011







Oh man, this week has been really long for some reason. On Wednesday night I went into my room to put on my Vans to relax but a huge Tarantula crawled out of one of my shoes when I sat down to put them on! My pants were partially unbuttoned so when I jumped up to get my companion my pants had literally fallen off. When I got to him I told him about the spider, and then joked and said, "It scared the pants off me!" So we went in there and took pictures and then I decided to catch it, because smashing it would have been too easy. It was a fight, but I got it in one of our pots. We had a District meeting the next day so I decided to pack it along in a jar and let it go there, because I didn't want that thing in our Colony, let alone our area.

I am beginning to notice that there are only 2 types of music played here; reggaton and rock. There is a lot of Van Halen and Boston that is played on the radios. The L.A. Galaxy came to the national stadium to play a team here in Honduras called Motagua. When we came over to eat dinner at the Osorto's, the son pointed it out and said that David Beckam was down playing his team. It was good to know that others know were Tegucigalpa is besides businessmen and Missionaries. The next day, he sadly told me that Galaxy won.

Also this week, we were teaching one of our investigators and he wanted to see our families. He looked at the picture that I had and it said it reminded him of one that he used to have of him and his family when his mom was alive. He was holding onto it for a long time looking at it. Then he said that my brother Jack looks like Spanky from the movie Little Rascals! I was laughing for awhile after he said that. He then fed us dinner and there was some potato salad his wife had made. It was really good, but it reminded me of home and the salad Mom makes for Summer parties with friends and family.

Oh man and It is cold here in the afternoons and nights! I never thought that I would have needed a Jacket in Honduras. Everyone said that the "Dry" season is coming. Being from Bakersfield, when I hear dry season, I think of a lot of heat. It happens to be the exact opposite here. With all the work we're doing, I realized today that I need to make another belt loop on my belt. I have gone all the way down and have made one, but now I need another. I've only been down here for a Month! shoot.

Yesterday, Sister Osorto made a soup called Mondongo. (I think that's how you spell it) its contents include cow intestines and other goodness. It actually was really good. Chewy, but tasted great. When she heard that I had been sick the past couple of days, she got mad at my companion Elder Ames for not telling her. She started making all of this food that would help me feel better. She's awesome, she was upset that I had eaten it and said she was afraid it would make me feel worse. DON'T WORRY Mom,I am better now!

This morning for P day we were able to take a trip to the Temple and see how the construction was going. We came just a couple weeks too early, the Angel Moroni will be placed on the steeple November 4th. It is going to be beautiful. It lookes great already!





My companion, Elder Ames and I

My Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment