Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Harding! Mi Favorito!" May 6, 2013

This week it rained on Thursday. We were walking to our appointment and it started to sprinkle a bit. But as soon as it started coming down harder, the power went out! So we were stuck in a torrential downpour with no power. We went to our appointment, but they weren't there. So we walked all the way back to the house. By the time we got back, we were completely soaked. I hate how these storms just come out of nowhere! It was nice and sunny in the afternoon but then turned into a storm. Tegucigalpa was beat up pretty bad. A lot of houses were flooded there. But here in Danli, it didn't do much damage. Our shirts were stained from the rain with a pinkish, red tint it was strange. I did not enjoy getting soaked this time around. my shoes didn't dry out until 2 days later.
 
The temple was great, it was my first session in Spanish.

The cook family that we eat lunch at has 3 boys and an older daughter. The two younger boys are 4 and 7 years old. Both of them are always coming up to me and asking me if I know how to beat levels and get stars on the Mario Nintendo 64 game they have. When we walk in, they always yell, "Harding! Mi Favorito! I need help finding this star." and they just go off talking about where they need help and ask me if I have beaten it before. The family always laughs when they ask because they always talk about asking me for help when we aren't there. It was a flash back for me and thinking how Max would ask for help on the super Nintendo or Donkey Kong or the wii

No comments:

Post a Comment