Friday, September 2, 2011

September 1, 2011

Wow! 
A ton of things have happened this week. All I have to say is that I was right about a General Authority speaking on Tuesday during our Devotional! The president of the MTC walked in with his wife and behind them was Elder Jeffery R Holland. It was amazing. We all knew someone was coming but we didn't know who. There was a spiritual buzz going around before he walked in but after, silence. I won't send you all of my notes, but he gave an amazing talk. He basically gave an introduction and joked around a bit. He said, "I have one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel" so you missionaries will be taking my spot. He also answered some questions submitted by some Elders. One thing he emphasized was that people in the world look at missionaries and think they are absolutely perfect. He told a story about a elderly convert who was baptized and in Sunday school when asked who she know who was perfect, instead of Christ she answered; the two missionaries that baptized me. He clearly emphasized "You do not have the right to compromise the image of a missionary!" He also told us that 4 hours before his talk that a missionary gave his life for this religion and got really emotional. We don't know any details. After Devotional there was definitely a spirit on the entire campus.
Yes, to answer Brother Sirman's the bathrooms are updated and the trees of life are out of the MTC and we have our own stalls and showers. and to answer your question Dad, here is a list of people who have spoken at our devotionals & firesides: Stephen B Allen ( managing director of the Missionary department), Dennis E Simmons (of the 70), Robert P Swensen(director of missionary services), Gerald N Lund (former 70), Merrill J. Bateman (Emeritus Quorum of the 70), Cecil Sameulson (BYU president), Richard I Heaton (administrative director), David F Evans (of the 70), Stephen B Allen again, Claudio D Zivic (of the 70), Bruce E McIff (MTC presidency) Then Jeffery R Holland.
Thanks for the package! I have a ton of food now. I have 30 secs left I have to go! Thanks again I hope everything is good at home still.
Love,
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment