Thursday, October 11, 2012

"It was only a matter of time.." October 8, 2012

This week was perhaps the busiest week in my Mission. On Monday we continued our celebratory PDay in Tegus celebrating all of the work we achieved as a zone. We went and bowled as a zone. I just have to say I am getting really really bad. I don't think I made it over 100...yeah I know. But if I could defend myself, It was the ball's fault. I mean come on, we are in Honduras its not the best place to go bowling.

I was a little excited this week to receive transfer calls. I received them for everyone in the zone first and then asked my ex comp, AP Furniss for ours. Sadly I will be spending my 4th transfer here in La Vill. Well its not really sad, Its just that it is a long time to be in an area. I will be here for 6 months by the time next Transfers come. Elder Barrera and I will be doing some more of the Lord's work here together, we'll make it fun.

We basically spent the rest of the week in Tegucigalpa going to the ZL Consejo and then we came back to see General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. I knew exactly what President Monson was going to say before he made the announcement. I could feel it! As soon as he brought up the fact that some Latin American Countries permit youth to leave when they are 18 to serve a mission I wasn't surprised. It was only a matter of time. But what did surprise me was the fact that the women can now go when they are 19!! That caught us all way off guard. That is so awesome that everyone can go when they are younger. I know for a fact that alot more girls will be leaving on missions for that. Its also good that they lowered it for the men so that they don't just sit around and wait until they are 19, now they can go right out of High School. Apart from the announcement, Conference was great.

Well this week we are looking forward to working in our area finally to look for more families that need the restored gospel of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment