Sunday, February 24, 2013

"I was ticked!" February 18, 2013

This week blew by really fast. On Wednesday, I had to go to take out marriage papers for the Zone from the forsaken deserted pueblo of Conception de Maria. Okay, I told E. Dockendorf that it was my last time going there. I don't know if I wrote about the last time I went there but it was an adventure. This time I took Elder Herrera with me, we made it up in bus in 3 hours. I had called the registration office the day before to tell them we would be going up there today and they told me that it would be okay. So when we get up there, it was closed! We went to go look for the workers but we couldn't find them! So we called them and the lady told us that they were out of special paper for the registro that we needed. We started to ask her if there was any possible way that we could get her signature for the paper and she said that she wasn't in town. We then asked if we could leave the paper with them to have some other Elders come up and get them and she said that no one was in town and that it would be impossible today. I was ticked! They had told me the day before that they would have everything ready and waiting for us when we came up at this hour. We were heart broken that we had taken a bus for 3 hours just to get nothing. So we started making our way back to the bus to go down and we passed the Registration office again, but the door was open. We went in and the guy told us, "Come in, come in I've been waiting for you two." (Talk about creepy!) So we went in and he said that someone on the street said that we were looking for him to get this paper signed and filled out. And he got it all done for us. Surprisingly they had the special paper also. He called some lady on the phone and told her to get down there to sign the paper so that we could catch the last bus. The lady came down and signed it, but she looked a little embarrassed. So afterwards we told them thanks and before we walked out, I called the number of the lady that was supposedly "out of town". The lady that signed the paper's phone started ringing! I looked at her, flashed a nice smile and said "Have a nice day". That woman lied to me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment