Thursday, February 21, 2013

"The word of someone is worth alot" February 11, 2013

This week we had Transfers. Elder Ruiz had been here for 6 months, so it was his turn to leave. This transfer, I received Elder Dockendorf from Utah. This guy is huge, he played football in college. When we walk down the street, I feel like everyone is intimidated by us because we're so big! I'm taller than he is, but he's thicker. Also in transfers we received my ex comp Elder Barrera! We were both excited that we could be together in the zone for his last transfer. It should be fun. The zone is looking great, transfers helped alot. We also have just had a bunch of work fall into our laps. It has been the most busy week that I have had in this area. The family that is coming to church that I mentioned last week is still going and they are excited for the Temple Open House and their baptisms. They're great. He keeps on telling us that they want to go to the temple open house and that he will be going to church forever. And then he said something that I never really noticed before. He said," and that's true! Because the "word" of someone is worth alot, so I will always complete with it."

We also have an investigator that has just been going through the hardest trials right now. He comes to church, but he comes on crutches. Just recently in the past 3 weeks he got into a motorcycle accident and broke his leg. Later, his son was shot and murdered by some gang from Centro, his other son was stabbed various times and is in the hospital recovering. All of these happened within 3 weeks. He has been to church now for 3 weeks since the accident and is getting baptized this weekend. We're excited for him. He's just been through so much .

There is a lot of work to be done this week. We have the open house visit to the Temple on Friday, and we have a bunch of investigators to teach and get ready for the 23rd for their baptism. I'm going to be pooped next week!!
 
I felt like Bear Grylls on Sunday. When it came to Lunch time, I was scrabbling around thinking of what I could cook. I was just thinking, "What would Bear do?", but then I thought that that probably wasn't the best thing to be thinking because I was not about to catch all of the little frogs and geckos in the house to cook up a little stir fry of them. Luckily I found a packet of spaghetti and I tried out my own little mixture of fried noodles with soy sauce. It turned out to be pretty good! You never know if its a masterpiece until you try it out.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment