Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"It will test your will to survive" October 3, 2011

We walk this staircase every Tuesday to get to a city called Buenas Aires. It's the highest city on top of the hill.




This week was good. It rained a lot and it got really muddy. We had an appointment down by the river and when we were walking down the trail to get there, I ended up being covered in mud all the way up to my shins. The people here in Sagastume are very nice and invite you in no matter how muddy or wet you are and they sit you down and are ready to hear from you. We have coordination in this city called Buenas Aires. We had to walk up this really steep stair case to get there. In the words of Brother Wagner back in Bakersfield, 'It will test your will to survive'. We walk up steep hills and stairs all the time, but this thing was a monster! We go into the city alot to go to our zone and district meetings in the stake center, so I´m still squishing into the buses and craning my neck so I can stand up in those things. We also come here to the stake center on P-day's to email, play fútbol and go out and eat American food, usually McDonalds or Wendy´s. The menus here are completely different and filled with different items like fried chicken or rice.

We're still teaching our investigators and getting some of them ready for their baptism this Saturday! Right now, there are 4 that are planning to be baptized. Also this week, we had divisions. I was in charge of going to all of our investigators and teaching with Elder Olmos from Panama city. It was fun, we had a lot of contacts and taught our appointments. I feel that things go over more smooth in lessons with a native speaker on your side, ha ha! My trainer was shocked to find that during the time that I had a Latin companion, he spoke English to me the whole time. But its okay, he taught me alot.  General Conference was a ton of fun and really good. We spent all day in the city on Saturday to watch all the sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment