Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Crazy Lightning Storms" April 23, 2012

Well, I don't know about you guys, but we were expecting changes this week. Elder Garcia has now finished his training and we were expecting him to leave. The branch president and some members threw a party for us Tuesday night to celebrate our time here. They set up chairs in the sacrament room and gave testimonies and said how grateful they were for our work and how they loved going out and teaching with us. It was really nice. Then at the end, Elder Garcia got up and bore his testimony. We ate baleadas and had a good time. When we got home, we received our change calls...NOBODY WAS LEAVING!!! Presidente Hernéndez told the Zone Leaders that he is satisfied with the work in Nacaome and is glad he can take a break from worrying about the Elders here. He also said, "This is the first time in a long time that I haven't received a phone call or had to worry about the Elders there." Great, that only means more heat and more crazy lightning storms. I was sleeping one night in my hammock right by the window and at 2 in the morning a huge rain storm came in and blew rain all over my face. What a wake up call! I was tired and frustrated to learn that it was only 2 in the morning so I worked on blocking the window from letting water in.
Some thing interesting: we went to go teach some investigators and the daughter had a turtle. She was playing with it on the floor and it would run around. It reminded me of my old box turtle, "Speedy", and I asked her where she got it from. Then the mom told us that when it rains, all of the turtles come out of the river and walk the streets out in this colony. I was amazed! The daughter then offered me the turtle because they are all over in this colony outside of Nacaome. I told her to keep it and that i would find one some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment