Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"The hottest city in all of Honduras" April 16, 2012

Well, first I want to say R.I.P. to my fighter fish, "Falcon", that I left behind in Bakersfield. He finally died after 1 year and 4 months of having him. I bought him in December during first semester at BYUI after driving all the way to Idaho Falls to pick him up.

So, back to life, This week is the week of Changes! One of us is going to leave, we find out Tuesday night. I personally want to stay, but if I go that's fine too. It's what the Lord wants. We have been working really hard to get our family here married but as it turns out, the wife's papers are in Choluteca and we will have to go to Tegucigalpa to get the husband's papers signed because they're lost! So its going to be a couple more weeks until they get married and baptized. The wife is amazing, my testimony grows every time she goes to church. She fights and drags the three kids to church and we walk with them and she never complains about how far away the church is like other people do. It makes me think of the effect this will have on the family's life. Her 11 year old son helps her, but she is a trooper!

We had a power outage last Tuesday. It went out while we were in the middle of a lesson. One of the Transformers blew out and wouldn't be back on until the next day.... Oh what a long night we were in for! We slept in the hottest city in all of Honduras without fans! It was close to impossible to sleep because of the heat. I was somewhat alright in my hammock, but my comp was dying in his bed. He was up all night until at 2 the power came on and he put both the fans on himself, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment