Sunday, December 2, 2012

"Thanksgiving at Pizza Hut" November 26, 2012

This week passed by really fast. We started out on Tuesday by going and looking for new investigators. We had set an appointment up with a Sister who came to church for her first time last week. When we showed up and began to talk to her and she began by telling us that she loved church on Sunday! She began to explain her story of how she has been to a lot of other churches before, but she never felt comfortable like she was out of place. Then one day she was talking to her friend (member) and she invited her to come to church. She told us that at first she wasn't sure because it was so big and a lot nicer than any of the other chapels. But she said after she sat down in Sacrament meeting and after Sunday School she said she felt a great "comfort" and "felt like she was wanted by everybody". She and her daughter are excited to be going to church and are wanting to be baptized on the 15th. I cannot stop expressing how important the role of us as members are! Just through this experience I saw that there are people just wondering where to go, and where the truth is, all we need to do is simply invite them to go to church to see how they feel.

We are also teaching another family who is going to be getting married. We went there for the first time on Thursday and their 3 yr old daughter came up and gave me a hug and started talking to me and brought out her new shoes and toys. So I began to play with her before the lesson as I got to get to know them. The mom told me that she is always active but she never has played with any of the Elders like me before. The little girl jumped up on the couch and reached in my bag and pulled out my hymn book and said that she was ready to sing. Her mom began to explain to me that the little girl was a miracle. I don't know how, but she was born without a belly button! So when she was born, her insides were all outside and they had to do a bunch of surgeries on her. It was kind of sad, she even has to go in next week for another one.

Well just so you guys know, for Thanksgiving we went to Pizza Hut and just ate there. I also passed by the grocery store and we bought some stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls to make in the night. It turned out pretty good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment