Monday, January 16, 2012

"6 Months" Monday, January 16, 2012


Completing the 6 month tradition for the Mission.

 

Well this week, I would first like to confirm the saying that the days are long, but the weeks go by really fast in the mission. This past week went by really fast. I have contacted all of the colony that I live in, so these past couple of days we've gone out to the more deserted villages in our area. We've been having some luck out there, but not much. The Pentecostal church here did a bunch of service projects out in the small villages and put on orange roofs on the houses they built. So we know where to expect a bible bash when we contact the houses with orange roofs. But that's alright, I personally am not out here to bible bash with people or the prove these other churches wrong, its about helping others. Whether it's through the gospel or through service, that's my purpose. We have one solid family that we are teaching out there though. We were in the middle of teaching when the husband's uncle pulled up with a truck full of Coconuts! So we ended the lesson and they gave us 3 each so we could drink the water and eat them. It was a ton of fun. Lets see, what more happened this week... oh! Friday night at 3 o'clock in the morning we were all of a sudden woken up by some cats fighting on our roof...our tin roof! It was so loud and annoying, it woke us both up. They were up there for about 10 min and then one fell off the roof and sat there in front of the door and growled at the one on the roof for another 5 min! Holy smokes, I couldn't believe this was really happening. So I went up and hit the door and the one on the ground took off and the other on the roof walked slowly back across the roof crunching the roof with every step. Then Sunday morning, I was outside brushing my teeth when all of a sudden I heard chickens on our roof. So I went up there and was about to run up and catch them, when all of a sudden, the dog next door crawled through the fence and started chasing the chickens on the roof! It was so loud, I could hear my comp yelling, "What in the world Harding?!" and then the chickens flew off the roof and made it over the fence. Sadly, the rooster flew and ran straight into a post and fell down into our backyard. The dog jumped off the roof and caught the rooster! In my fury at the dog, I grabbed a rock and I threw it at the dog and the rooster ran into our shower room and I locked it in there. That dog was running around everywhere with feathers on its mouth looking for that stinkin' rooster. Once the dog went away, I let the rooster go. It was crazy! This Friday I will be completing 6 months in the Mission! At the 6 month mark, you're supposed to burn a tie so I'm going to be doing that as part of the Mission tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment