Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"I love the culture here!" December 24, 2012

It's been a busy week, I cant believe that its Christmas!! This last week we has Transfers and I had to take our Third companion to the Mission Home for his Dinner with President. When we got to the Mission Home, it was packed with new Elders! We had received 34 and 2 new Hermanas. There wasn't enough room in Presi's house so us who had dropped off Elders to go home went out and The AP's bought us McDonalds for dinner. After that, we just stayed the night in Tegus for Transfers the next day. We received new elders in our area, so now we had to look for a house for them. They're staying in our house until we get them settled down.

One thing that I don't like about the ZL business is that we hardly have time to work in our area. We had to run so many errands and do so much paperwork for the zone these past 2 weeks. But I guess its good that our zone is so busy getting work in, we will have 4 families baptized as a zone.

Well here, they celebrate Christmas on the 24th, not the 25th. Its kinda weird because no one celebrates the 25th. Its a lot different here. I don't even feel like its Christmas. Everyone is running around and preparing food for the parties today. Its hot, everyone is outside, and they are lighting a bunch of fireworks. I really feel like its the Fourth of July!! We've been invited to eat at everyone's house today, all day!! I'm going to be so full. I love the culture here. They all call up their family and friends and they just have a good time and enjoy everything. They are grateful for every little thing they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment